Bandai 1/100 MG 00 Quanta - Sword Stanza in Blue Jun 24, 2015 16:18:27 GMT 8
Post by rennyd on Jun 24, 2015 16:18:27 GMT 8
First, here are some of the pictures taken:
Second, here are some of the work-in-progress pictures:
At first, this is one of my back-log. I initially planned to work on this kit back in 2013 for the mid year competition, but I could not do it because I was doing the PG 1/60 00 Raiser at that time.
This time for 00 Quanta, due to the fact that it has a pretty nice asymmetry design, so I decided to enhance that with some simple modification. So the modification is:
1. One side of the head's fin.
2. The extension of the right shoulder armor.
3. The extension of the right arm's thick armor.
4. The extension & bigger size of the left leg's knee cap armor (initially thought to have it on the right).
Apart from that, I did the panel line on the body and head with asymmetry design as well. As for the painting, I decided to give it a custom colour scheme, which is a first time for me. For the color scheme, here's the break down:
1. White & Blue as the primary colour.
2. Blue consists of the main blue, and a lighter (more greyish I believe) blue.
3. Instead of the usual metallic black/gun metal, I thought why not give it a try to have a more darker, more red Gold instead.
4. Instead of the usual German Grey for panel line, I thought why not give it a Red colour panel line instead.
So that's basically it. The clear parts are painted with Mr Color Shine Silver mixed with Mr Color Clear Red. If there are no light source beaming straight to the clear parts, the clear red will be more prominent; otherwise it will be in clear green. This is also a new experiment for me as I totally don't know what will be the outcome if I do that.
The paints are all basically custom mixed with either Mr Color or Gaianotes color. As for the panel line color, it is always Tamiya Enamel paint.
Well, this is the first time I did custom colour scheme, and I really enjoy it. As for the outcome, as always, the end product makes me smile.